KDTW version of Detroit Metropolitan Airport is current, detailed and accurate. It depicts the passenger terminal complex at an unprecedented level of detail and includes the new North terminal as well as the most recent additions to the McNamara terminal: the concourse B extension and the new concourse C. The terminals and other components of the scenery feature three-dimensional and light/shadow effects created by means of actual three-dimensional details in each model as opposed to the use of complex and frame-rate intensive textures. Aircraft parking positions and boarding gate configurations accurately represent the real terminals. Optional sets of static vehicles individually positioned and branded to represent the airline using each gate enhance the terminal environment during taxi operations. All concourses combined, our scenery includes one hundred and forty two individually configured, jetway-equipped gates.
The scenery also includes the great majority of structures located within the airport boundaries. All structures including hangars are three-dimensional and available for customization and use. The most relevant general aviation facilities include two fire stations, the FedEx and UPS package handling facilities, the Delta Airlines maintenance complex, the Asig and Metro Flight services general aviation terminals and aircraft storage hangars, four deicing pads and numerous general aviation and maintenance facilities. The FAA air traffic control tower attached to the McNamara terminal is also included.
- The scenery does not include models for the old “Smith” and “Berry” terminals because they are no longer in use and were in fact being dismantled when the scenery was released.
- Runway 4L/22R has two sets of localizers; one provides an approach path aligned with the runway while the other provides a path that deviates 2.5 degrees toward the northwest. The second set is used when additional aircraft separation is needed as simultaneous approaches to the neighboring runway (4R/22L) are being conducted under extreme weather conditions.
- FS9 and FSX simulate the terrain in the immediate vicinity of the airport as a densely populated area. This is clearly not the case in real life.
- The inability to manipulate the terrain elevation at the required level of detail prevented us from accurately depicting all access road underpasses.
Main Features :
- Custom-made, optimized and fully three-dimensional Gmax models
- Custom-made, high-resolution textures for all Gmax generated models including transparency and reflection (FSX only) effects
- Custom-made, high-resolution photo real ground textures depicting seasonal changes and carefully blended with the surrounding terrain (optional)
- Accurate runway and taxiway layout, including detailed markings and signs
- Realistic taxiway and ramp markings and ramp illumination effects
- Two levels of scenery complexity and detail
- Advanced, custom-made AI mapping file (AFCAD) including realistic gate and parking spot layout as well as airline gate assignments. A basic AI mapping file without gate assignments is also available as an option.